Saturday, January 14, 2012

free topic

HI everyone!
In this occasion I would to talk about a little novel that I read the last year when all my classmates are in mobilizations, like you can remember, and this novel called “kalfukura” . His author is Jorge Baradit, hi is a Chilean whiter.
 I discovered it I few years ago around 2009 when I met another whiter who was present it on the Filsa ( feria internacional del libro de santiago). This book that sound me very interesting because in one occasion I was read a short story about “the conquest magical of Latin  America” who mentions the kalfukura stone.
 Both texts are of the same author and the last one who is a little story is the beginning of the book that I would talk to you.    
The book is about a child “the chosen one” who discovered in Arica the secret that his mom keep in the stone when she is died in her home, all this is because the old woman who are the pachamama, have the magical power to the stone that fell from the sky.
Anyway I don’t pretend tell you all the story because it has many details but I have mentions why I like it so much, and it’s because they propound other type of reading to the magic scenery of our country and show too pieces of steam punk in his unusual tale.
Maybe isn’t “my favorite” but in my opinion is entertaining and special.
 I hope you can read or take a look some of his work.
                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment